I wanted to share my current mascara routine! I am in love with Benefit They’re Real mascara, lashes do look perfectly long and separate with 2-3 coats. one quick coat will make lashes look very polished and natural. But I always felt that it was missing some volume, so I went to pick up my usual L’oreal volumizing mascara for added layers when I was hypnotized by the marketing geniuses from Rimmel and got convinced to try the Rimmel Scandaleyes, even thought I had never tried any other Rimmel product before. I’m not sure if it was Kate’s new lipstick campaign or maybe the TV commercials, don’t you just love their commercial with Lara stone? even though the London look was never my ultimate beauty goal, I gave it a try and I was very pleasantly surprised! Scandaleyes curve alert is one of my favorite mascaras now. I also tried the Scandaleyes with lycra, and to me it’s not as good as curve alert. I use Scandaleyes curve alert everyday because I like volume on my lashes. If I have an extra 30 seconds to do my makeup, or when I’m going out at night without fakies, my lash routine is:
Step 1: Shu Uemura lash curler
Step 2: Scandaleyes curve alert mascara
Step 3: Benefit they’re real mascara
This really gives the perfect lash effect: Full volume, long and separated lashes.
I’ve been using Temptu Airbrush MakeUp for a little more than one year. I use the foundation, blush and bronzer or sometimes just the blush and bronzer but you can’t use the airbrush foundation with regular blush/bronzer… I hope I’m not confusing you too much, but I will go over the Pros and cons of Airbrush MakeUp.
- I love how you do not use brushes, hands or sponges to apply the make up. As much as you clean the tools (you should clean your brushes with shampoo once a month and use brush cleaner everyday, I use Clinique brush cleaner) there are always bacteria that ends up on your face.
- The face does stay perfect with amazing coverage for long periods of time.
- It’s fun to apply, when you get the technique right! I love the Pods!!
- My favorite thing about the Temptu airbrush makeup is that you will get that flawless face and perfect blending of blush and bronzer.
- You cannot apply airbrush makeup with contact lenses on, even if you close your eyes. Why? The MakeUp will get stuck on the lenses and it is very hard to take it out. In the beginning I didn’t notice, I would put on my make up and go out. After a few minutes I couldn’t can’t see anything! The lenses get very blurry and uncomfortable. So even if you don’t use contacts I’m not sure if it’s good to get all the make up on your eyes and lungs… So when I apply I always keep my eyes close and try not to breath for a few seconds…I know it sounds like a torture but its just like applying hair spray, its really not so bad!
- The makeup smudges really easily and it is difficult to fix. What do I mean by that? Once you apply the makeup, it stays wet for about 1-2 minutes, if you touch it will smudge. Once it dries is better but still smudges and to fix is not as easy as conventional make up. You have to be very delicate and try to patch the spot. A lot like applying nail polish that will not be completely dry for the rest of the day.
- There are limited foundation shades, the one I have is slightly orangy ( I use the shade natural), but is it hard to notice unless you are a Makeup freak like me
- You need an electrical plug. I bring my Temptu with me when I travel but I would not try it in Europe. For sure it would burn the plug!
- Foundation Pods really don’t last long! I don’t think it’s worth using this foundation everyday. I use it mostly for events or I apply one thin layer on top of regular foundation.
- The blush and bronzer lasts longer and I use it a lot more frequently either with airbrush foundation or regular foundation.
All in all, Temptu airbrush MakeUp is an amazing tool to have, it does give you a flawless makeup finish but it is not indispensable . I don’t regret buying because I like it a lot, but I don’t think it is worth it unless you absolutely love Make Up.
This is a quick summary of how I made this Shimmery bronzed MakeUp look:
H&M Pants,BCBG Suede Jacket, BCBG Shirt, Calvin Klein tank,
BCBG sandals, Chanel Bag, Louis Vuitton Bracelet, H&M bracelet, forever 21 necklace, Bvlgari watch
I didn’t want to write about beauty products this week because I am working on a make-up organization post for next week. I didn’t want to encourage any impulsive shopping before you got your kit organized and know exactly what you need. However I got new a mascara this week, They’re Real by Benefit. Yes, the post could have waited until next week also, but last night my husband asked me if I was wearing fake lashes!Read More