I’m always in the hunt for great hair products and treatments. I have a natural wavy hair with lots of volume that requires a lot of maintenance. I tried Organix Brazilian keratin shampoo and conditioner a few weeks ago and I loved the results, it made my hair very smooth, shiny, silky and it smells amazing. I have tried every single brand of smoothing, high conditioning shampoo out there, from cheap pharmacy brands to more expensive salon brands and this one is a winner! I wanted to blog right after but I decided to try the 30 day brazilian keratin treatment before.
My experience with the brazilian treatments: I tried the original version with formaldehyde a few years ago in Brazil, I know, I’m crazy! of course the results were unbelievable but I would never use formaldehyde products ever again.
The new Keratin products in Brazil are now formaldehyde free and the procedure is a lot more user friendly, there’s no need to leave the salon with alien straight hair with funny smells without washing for 2 days or wear a gas mask during the treatment. I do a professional Keratin Treatment twice a year in Montreal with a brazilian hairdresser, Carmen, or like I call her Carmencita at Spa Lhoda. She is a real expert and very sweet and funny. We turn the 5 hour process into a party!
the 30 day Keratin treatment from Organix is definetly not as strong as the professional ones. If your hair only needs a boost of shine and smoothness then it’s a great product for you. If your hair is wavy or curly then I would recommend using it as touch ups in between professional Keratin treatments.
The procedure is much faster then the pro. You wash the hair towel dry, apply the treatment, looks like conditioner, then blow dry it and pass the flat iron. You need a really good flat iron for bests results it should heat up to 450 degrees. (check out my flat iron review here). Now, here’s the catch: you need to go over the same strand of hair 7 times!!! of course it takes much longer than a regular straightening session and if you have a lot of hair it can be tortuous, as in my case. You also need to be very careful about the heat, it’s better to wait a few seconds between passing each strand or it can damage the hair, or in my case my plastic comb was MELTING! To be honest after I was done, I told myself that I would not do this again, but the next time a washed my hair, it was a lot more manageable to do my routine. My next strategy will be to just do the entire hair once and then later in the day iron it again. Now you see, when I said high maintenance was really not a overstatement!
Spa Lhoda: Ask for Carmen. She is the keratin treatment expert, mention my blog and get a 10% discount.
Organix: you can buy in most pharmacies and Costco.
Last week I was googling new recipes for my raw greens juice and I stumbled upon The Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder. I was not looking to buy another diet book but I read the preview and I just couldn’t stop reading. I can say that I have always made a lot of effort to “eat right”. I was already drinking green juices in the morning. I always tried to cut refined carbs, bad fats and dairy. But I never saw huge results because all my efforts were going to waste due to a few basic and simple mistakes.
I started the radiant beauty phase (you will see in the book that some people need to start on level 1) So I started my mornings with hot water and lemon, the green juice for breakfast, a light lunch and a regular dinner, mixing meats, carbs and dessert.
In 5 days my skin was completely different. My skin tone and color changed, it looks radiant, glowy like I had make up on and I lost 5 pounds. I can say for the first time in my life that I truly feel beautiful. I felt pretty and good looking before IF I had makeup on, but never with a washed face. Now I wake up and I look better than ever. I’ve been trying to convince my mom and my sister to drink the juices in the morning for months now and they were both saying no, I don’t like it, too much work. This week they were saying how beautiful I look and begging me to make them juices and saying, I’ll drink anything, just tell me how to do it!
This led me to think about beauty in a completely different way. We always hear beauty is in the inside, and I thought I understood that, meaning you are beautiful if you are also a good person. Which I still think it’s true but there’s another level where you can radiate beauty from within because you actually feel this way and the only way to achieve that, besides getting pregnant, is through replenishing your body with raw greens, enzymes, vitamins and minerals and lower your consumption of toxin releasing foods like dead animal meat and dairy (I never thought I would say that, but I’m becoming a weekday vegan)
From now on my beauty store is going to be on an organic food market because there’s no cream, makeup, blush, highlighter or treatment that can make you glow from within.
Read the Beauty Detox solution preview for FREE here : click on ” click to look inside”
You can buy it with kindle even if you don’t have one, you can install kindle app on your computer and phone. That’s how I read all my books, I can’t imagine waiting days to read a book I really want!
Sign up for Kimberly’s blog here, how stunning is she?
This is not a promotional post, this is how I really feel about this book and Kimberly is my new idol!
I wanted to share my current mascara routine! I am in love with Benefit They’re Real mascara, lashes do look perfectly long and separate with 2-3 coats. one quick coat will make lashes look very polished and natural. But I always felt that it was missing some volume, so I went to pick up my usual L’oreal volumizing mascara for added layers when I was hypnotized by the marketing geniuses from Rimmel and got convinced to try the Rimmel Scandaleyes, even thought I had never tried any other Rimmel product before. I’m not sure if it was Kate’s new lipstick campaign or maybe the TV commercials, don’t you just love their commercial with Lara stone? even though the London look was never my ultimate beauty goal, I gave it a try and I was very pleasantly surprised! Scandaleyes curve alert is one of my favorite mascaras now. I also tried the Scandaleyes with lycra, and to me it’s not as good as curve alert. I use Scandaleyes curve alert everyday because I like volume on my lashes. If I have an extra 30 seconds to do my makeup, or when I’m going out at night without fakies, my lash routine is:
Step 1: Shu Uemura lash curler
Step 2: Scandaleyes curve alert mascara
Step 3: Benefit they’re real mascara
This really gives the perfect lash effect: Full volume, long and separated lashes.
I tried the new collection Mirror Metallics from Essie, this one is Good as Gold and I love it! The effect is gorgeous, not too flashy like most other gold polishes and it has a real metallic finish. The texture is different than other Essie polishes and it chips very easily. Usually I can go 3-4 days without any chips but with this polish I had to reapply the day after, but I’m still in love with this collection and I will be picking up the bronze penny talk very soon!Read More
I’ve been using Temptu Airbrush MakeUp for a little more than one year. I use the foundation, blush and bronzer or sometimes just the blush and bronzer but you can’t use the airbrush foundation with regular blush/bronzer… I hope I’m not confusing you too much, but I will go over the Pros and cons of Airbrush MakeUp.
- I love how you do not use brushes, hands or sponges to apply the make up. As much as you clean the tools (you should clean your brushes with shampoo once a month and use brush cleaner everyday, I use Clinique brush cleaner) there are always bacteria that ends up on your face.
- The face does stay perfect with amazing coverage for long periods of time.
- It’s fun to apply, when you get the technique right! I love the Pods!!
- My favorite thing about the Temptu airbrush makeup is that you will get that flawless face and perfect blending of blush and bronzer.
- You cannot apply airbrush makeup with contact lenses on, even if you close your eyes. Why? The MakeUp will get stuck on the lenses and it is very hard to take it out. In the beginning I didn’t notice, I would put on my make up and go out. After a few minutes I couldn’t can’t see anything! The lenses get very blurry and uncomfortable. So even if you don’t use contacts I’m not sure if it’s good to get all the make up on your eyes and lungs… So when I apply I always keep my eyes close and try not to breath for a few seconds…I know it sounds like a torture but its just like applying hair spray, its really not so bad!
- The makeup smudges really easily and it is difficult to fix. What do I mean by that? Once you apply the makeup, it stays wet for about 1-2 minutes, if you touch it will smudge. Once it dries is better but still smudges and to fix is not as easy as conventional make up. You have to be very delicate and try to patch the spot. A lot like applying nail polish that will not be completely dry for the rest of the day.
- There are limited foundation shades, the one I have is slightly orangy ( I use the shade natural), but is it hard to notice unless you are a Makeup freak like me
- You need an electrical plug. I bring my Temptu with me when I travel but I would not try it in Europe. For sure it would burn the plug!
- Foundation Pods really don’t last long! I don’t think it’s worth using this foundation everyday. I use it mostly for events or I apply one thin layer on top of regular foundation.
- The blush and bronzer lasts longer and I use it a lot more frequently either with airbrush foundation or regular foundation.
All in all, Temptu airbrush MakeUp is an amazing tool to have, it does give you a flawless makeup finish but it is not indispensable . I don’t regret buying because I like it a lot, but I don’t think it is worth it unless you absolutely love Make Up.
This is a quick summary of how I made this Shimmery bronzed MakeUp look: